Anti – Money Laundering (AML) Analyst
The AML Analyst will be responsible for ensuring efficient identification, monitoring and timely reporting of suspicious activities and transactions across the Bank network. The AML Analyst is required to analyze information received from High-risk customers and address sanction related alerts
- Monitor frequency of withdrawals, keenly monitoring repeat and split transactions, velocity of transactions (Time period between transactions).
- Monitoring of incoming and outgoing funds for AML /CTF and ensure no undetected non-Compliant funds are received via the sanctions screening system. (KENEX).
- Obtain supporting documents, review, and approval of Swift/RTGS incoming from funds received from Government institutions including Parastatals and funds exceeding USD 10,000.
- Collect documentary proof, build, and maintain case files for transactions deemed suspicious and ensure effective record – Keeping of data collected and analyzed in line with Proceeds of Crime and AML regulations 2013
- Stay current with money laundering and terrorist financing behaviors, issues, policies, regulations, criminal typologies, industry best practices and developing trends and communicate the same to all staff via compliance bytes.
- AML daily alerts Management, investigation, and timely reporting of suspicious transactions to Head of Risk and Compliance and Compliance Manager and assist in ensuring detailed and prompt investigations of all AML/CFT incident and cases.
- Preparing Daily/ Monthly /Quarterly /Annual reports on transactions monitoring, AML alerts and reports for Potential Suspicious activity.
- Conducting internal AML/CTF, ABC and KYC trainings as provided by CBK Prudential guidelines through face to face and online trainings.
- A Bachelor’s degree preferably in a business-related field from a recognized University
- Possession of Anti-Money Laundering diploma or Professional certification with an organization, such as the Association of Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialists (ACAMS), will be a distinct advantage
- Superb data analysis skills coupled with ability to organize and analyze complex data sets
- Ability to easily grasp and comprehend AML risks in the bank and to develop user requirements as well as recommend automated solutions to mitigate those risk