Clearing & Payment Officer
The Clearing & Payments Officer will be responsible for efficient processing of inward and outward clearing items, reconciliation of clearing accounts and observing KYC policies on daily basis to ensure full participation in the clearinghouse and mitigating risks associated.
- Processing of Inward and outwards clearing items
- Ensuring compliance with KBA clearing rules and regulations.
- Daily review of branch reconciliation in relation to all branch clearing suspense accounts
- Adherence to operations processes and controls
- Archiving retrieval and custody of clearing items
- To perform any other duty as assigned to them in line with the organization goals and objective
- Ensure timely resolution to clearing queries from within the bank as well as from other banks
- Salary Processing and Direct Debit Processing
- Ensuring Standing Orders, Direct Debits and SPS instructions Maintained and supervised within the stipulated TAT
- Validation of cheques and archiving
- Handle any other duty assigned by the supervisor
- University degree(M)
- Professional banking qualifications and its equivalents will be an added advantage (AA).
- 3 years’ experience in bank operations, with at least 1 year in a similar role in a financial institution
- Customer Focus
- Good Building Relationships
- Excellent communication skills