The Job holder shall be responsible for security perfection, contract management, registration of logbooks & preparation of files for disbursement as well as case management including the issuing of demand letters; receiving and responding to demand letters; filing of: suits, court applications, defenses, affidavits; finding and preparing documents and witnesses; and general case & vendor management in order to minimize legal risk.
- Processing of files & preparation of disbursement forms upon receipt of files approved for disbursement; and maintenance of a monthly list/schedule of all disbursements for the month and outstanding (if any).
- Procure, the registration of logbooks, Security Agreements, and stamping of documents.
- Following up on instructions issued to external lawyers for security perfection and litigation, and ensuring that they are handled in a timely manner within approved TATs
- Preparation of legal documents including contracts, leases, & MOUs, whenever called upon to do so by any department or branch of the Bank through the unit head and ensuring their completeness before handing the signed & stamped document for custody.
- Assist in the drawing up and review of legal procedures, policies, and Bank products
- Review of pleadings and other supporting documents prior to filing of applications, cases, claims, defenses, and responses
- Prepare monthly litigation reports for the department for management & quarterly reports on changes/advances in statute and case law for the board
- Maintaining department’s litigation diary.
- Bachelor of Laws degree (LL. B) from a recognized University (M)
- Diploma – KSL (M)
- AKIB or other professional qualification (AA)
- 6 months pupilage in a busy commercial law firm in the commercial department (M)
- Practical experience acquired through working in a banking institution; working knowledge of banking business acquired through participation in facility structure meetings, Due diligence exercises and management of non-performing loan portfolio to reduce outstanding.
- 2 years Banking experience (Added Advantage).
- Analytical skills
- Strong organization skills
- Good Communication skills