Product Manager – Agri Business
Responsible for the maintenance, growth, good management and enhancement of the business and relations existing between the bank and the agriculture cooperatives and other agribusiness customers.
1. BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT (50%)
i). Business Development Management
- Carry out market intelligence and market research to identify needs of the sector development of responsive products.
- Seek opportunities and provide the sector monthly, quarterly, yearly development and performance report.
- Develop models that increase market access to the Bank.
- Develop suitable agribusiness products, programs, template, checklist and ensure they are operational.
- Seek feedback from RMs and Business Bankers on their unique market needs and develop products or programs that are suitable and customer centric.
- Develop, ensure approval and seek to popularize all agricultural products.
- Development of project proposals, business plans and M.O.Us.
- Regular review/appraisal of the Bank’s agribusiness products
- Seek to cross-sell Bank products.
- Work closely with Ministry of Industry, Trade and Co-operatives and MoA officers in order to maintain a competitive edge in the industry by being ahead of the competition in all Agribusiness ventures.
- Establish close contact and pursue opportunities with the various directories of AFA
- Assist in seeking funds from development partners and other key donors running agriculture programs.
- Spearhead business growth by supporting the HOD and a team of bankers on the sales force excellency model
- Significant contribution to the growth of cheap and stable deposit volumes
- Support the Department’s growth in Non-funded income while focusing on new opportunities for the same.
- Constant review of RMs account plans with a clear focus of ensuring that opportunities identified are converted into closed deals while also ensuring that NFIs are given priority.
- Work closely with relevant Government agencies and development partners in order to maintain a competitive edge in the industry by being ahead of the competition in all Agri Co-operatives and Agribusiness ventures
- Grow agricoops and agribusines accounts by bringing in new customers
- Growing quality credit deal pipeline and volumes
- Manage credit accounts to eliminate opportunities of the same becoming bad
- Broaden the consumption base of the Bank products by the agricoops/agribusiness- creating awareness of the existing products and sell the same to Co-operatives
- Carry out market research and intelligence relevant to the development of Co-operatives and other agribusiness business and satisfaction of the customers’ needs. Arising from the survey results, develop the necessary products and business strategies.
- Enhance contact with the customer to identify ant latent issues and immediately act on the same.
- Ensure collaboration and support to branches, product houses and other departments within the Bank.
- Assist in development and constant review of accounts plans with clear wallet sizes and customer profiles.
- Seek to acquire new customers in Agri-business
- Assist in preparation of seminars and workshops.
- Act as an efficient back-up as assigned.
ii). Business Development –Donor partnerships
- Prepare project proposals to solicit for donor funding
- Member of the Steering committee of donor supported projects
- Implement donor supported projects
- Ensure that proper accounting records are maintained and required periodic returns prepared and submitted on time to the respective bodies.
- Maintain good working relations with donors and other development partners
2. RELATIONSHIP MANAGEMENT (30%)
- Develop and update comprehensive account plans for each of the clients under management –Ensure the 3Cs of account plans are fully entrenched as per SFE guidelines
- Develop and maintain regular structured customer contact through visits.
- Follow-up and ensure action on issues derived from customer visits
- Ensure prompt resolution to all other customer issues/complaints/queries raised
- Attend [and participate where necessary] customer Education Days and Annual General Meetings
- Advise customers on best business practices
- Planning, target setting and performance review of client relationships in order to optimize returns from each client
- Act as efficient back-up for assigned back – up relationships
- Collect and analyze vital data on clients i.e annual reports, interim reports, industry reports and press cuttings etc to acquire in-depth knowledge which will enable the PM act as an adviser to management on all aspects of assigned account relationships
ii).Credit Appraisal Request
Achieve a credit appraisal turnaround time as per policy
The PM shall be required to carry-out a quality appraisal through:
- Establishing the customers character normally seen in the conduct of the account held in the Bank, third party opinions etc
- Confirming that the requested amount together with the customer’s contribution is adequate to finance the purpose for which the loan is required.
- Establishing the customer’s financial performance over at least the last four years – commenting on the relevant ratios and performance trend. Compare performance with the industry average.
- Visiting and inspecting the customer’s Premises and commenting on the adequacy and appropriateness of the Structures, Systems and Procedures in terms of servicing the requested facility.
- Confirming the customer’s repayment ability through reviewing the completeness of the budgeted cash flow statement and fairness of the underlying assumptions
- Forecasting on the environmental factors that have a bearing to the performance of the customer
- Inspecting the proposed security property and commenting on it’s adequacy and ease of sale if need be.
- Bachelor’s degree in Commerce/Business related field.
- Other requirements specific to the role:
- Certification in Agri financing, Credit management
- Experience working with cooperatives
- Communicates effectively and can explain complex Business issues
- 5 Years working experience preferably in banking.