1. BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT (50%)
i). Business Development Management
- Carry out market intelligence and market research to identify needs of the sector development of responsive products.
- Seek opportunities and provide the sector monthly, quarterly, yearly development and performance report.
- Develop models that increase market access to the Bank.
- Develop suitable agribusiness products, programs, template, checklist and ensure they are operational.
- Seek feedback from RMs and Business Bankers on their unique market needs and develop products or programs that are suitable and customer centric.
- Develop, ensure approval and seek to popularize all agricultural products.
- Development of project proposals, business plans and M.O.Us.
- Regular review/appraisal of the Bank’s agribusiness products
- Seek to cross-sell Bank products.
- Work closely with Ministry of Industry, Trade and Co-operatives and MoA officers in order to maintain a competitive edge in the industry by being ahead of the competition in all Agribusiness ventures.
- Establish close contact and pursue opportunities with the various directories of AFA
- Assist in seeking funds from development partners and other key donors running agriculture programs.
- Spearhead business growth by supporting the HOD and a team of bankers on the sales force excellency model
- Significant contribution to the growth of cheap and stable deposit volumes
- Support the Department’s growth in Non-funded income while focusing on new opportunities for the same.
- Constant review of RMs account plans with a clear focus of ensuring that opportunities identified are converted into closed deals while also ensuring that NFIs are given priority.
- Work closely with relevant Government agencies and development partners in order to maintain a competitive edge in the industry by being ahead of the competition in all Agri Co-operatives and Agribusiness ventures
- Grow agricoops and agribusines accounts by bringing in new customers
- Growing quality credit deal pipeline and volumes
- Manage credit accounts to eliminate opportunities of the same becoming bad
- Broaden the consumption base of the Bank products by the agricoops/agribusiness- creating awareness of the existing products and sell the same to Co-operatives
- Carry out market research and intelligence relevant to the development of Co-operatives and other agribusiness business and satisfaction of the customers’ needs. Arising from the survey results, develop the necessary products and business strategies.
- Enhance contact with the customer to identify ant latent issues and immediately act on the same.
- Ensure collaboration and support to branches, product houses and other departments within the Bank.
- Assist in development and constant review of accounts plans with clear wallet sizes and customer profiles.
- Seek to acquire new customers in Agri-business
- Assist in preparation of seminars and workshops.
- Act as an efficient back-up as assigned.
ii). Business Development –Donor partnerships
- Prepare project proposals to solicit for donor funding
- Member of the Steering committee of donor supported projects
- Implement donor supported projects
- Ensure that proper accounting records are maintained and required periodic returns prepared and submitted on time to the respective bodies.
- Maintain good working relations with donors and other development partners
2. RELATIONSHIP MANAGEMENT (30%)
- Develop and update comprehensive account plans for each of the clients under management –Ensure the 3Cs of account plans are fully entrenched as per SFE guidelines
- Develop and maintain regular structured customer contact through visits.
- Follow-up and ensure action on issues derived from customer visits
- Ensure prompt resolution to all other customer issues/complaints/queries raised
- Attend [and participate where necessary] customer Education Days and Annual General Meetings
- Advise customers on best business practices
- Planning, target setting and performance review of client relationships in order to optimize returns from each client
- Act as efficient back-up for assigned back – up relationships
- Collect and analyze vital data on clients i.e annual reports, interim reports, industry reports and press cuttings etc to acquire in-depth knowledge which will enable the PM act as an adviser to management on all aspects of assigned account relationships
ii).Credit Appraisal Request
Achieve a credit appraisal turnaround time as per policy
The PM shall be required to carry-out a quality appraisal through:
- Establishing the customers character normally seen in the conduct of the account held in the Bank, third party opinions etc
- Confirming that the requested amount together with the customer’s contribution is adequate to finance the purpose for which the loan is required.
- Establishing the customer’s financial performance over at least the last four years – commenting on the relevant ratios and performance trend. Compare performance with the industry average.
- Visiting and inspecting the customer’s Premises and commenting on the adequacy and appropriateness of the Structures, Systems and Procedures in terms of servicing the requested facility.
- Confirming the customer’s repayment ability through reviewing the completeness of the budgeted cash flow statement and fairness of the underlying assumptions
- Forecasting on the environmental factors that have a bearing to the performance of the customer
- Inspecting the proposed security property and commenting on it’s adequacy and ease of sale if need be.
- Bachelor’s degree in Commerce/Business related field.
- Other requirements specific to the role:
- Certification in Agri financing, Credit management
- Experience working with cooperatives
- Communicates effectively and can explain complex Business issues
- 5 Years working experience preferably in banking.