Senior Internal Auditor
To provide innovative, responsive, and effective value-adding internal audit services to the Bank by assisting the Head of Internal Audit in evaluating and recommending improvements in the effectiveness of enterprise risk management, internal control systems, and corporate governance.
- Reviewing and appraising the adequacy and effectiveness of internal control systems of Kingdom Bank.
- Monitoring and evaluating the effectiveness of the organizations’ risk management system.
- Provide leadership in performance management, employee development, talent management, and building a work environment that drives high performance and employee satisfaction.
- Assessing the adequacy of established policies and procedures and reviewing the systems established to ensure compliance with these policies, procedures, statutory requirements, and regulations which could have a significant impact on operations; and in corroboration with management update and improve them.
- Ensuring performance of quality audits and production of quality internal audit reports with practical and agreeable corrective actions and submit the reports to the Head of Audit Unit and Head of Internal Audit.
- Follow up and escalate on all audit findings implementation for escalation as per the Bank’s escalation matrix.
- Carry out analytical reviews of the root cause of the common/ recurrent audit findings and disseminate alerts and solution recommendations;
- Assisting the Head of Internal Audit in producing quality Board papers submitted to the members of the Board Audit Committee.
- Investigation of all attempted frauds and conduct forensic reviews as requested by management.
- To perform any other duty as assigned in line with the organization’s goals and objectives.
- University degree in Accounting, Commerce, Economics or Business Management/Administration or related business degree.
- Masters will be an added advantage.
- Certified Chartered Accountant/ Certified Public Accountant.
- Current member of Institute of Certified Public Accountants of Kenya (ICPAK) with a valid membership Certificate.
- CISA (Certified Information Systems Auditor) and or CIA (Certified Internal Auditor) qualifications will be an added advantage.
- Over 6 years in a busy Internal Audit department in the banking industry or Professional Audit firm with 4 years at senior level.