- Prepare monthly updates on the current and emerging risk exposures within the bank’s own portfolio and across the market.
- Review and ensure sufficiency of risk management policies and governance guidelines that will be relied on for the management of risks.
- Conduct Credit portfolio analysis including concentration risk, performance analysis and stress testing.
- Continuous update of the Risk registers on Credit Risk.
- Assist Management in defining and propose revisions of risk appetites for Credit Risk
- Ensure monthly collation of data on the KRIs for credit Risk.
- Recommend improvement in credit appetite, process, procedures, and policy because of risks identified from the monthly monitoring of KRIs.
- Conduct ad-hoc credit risk analysis and investigations.
- Preparation of risk self-assessment checklists
- Champion resolution of issues raised on self-assessments on credit risk
- Review, compilation of the self-assessment checklists and preparation of action points.
- Follow up for closure of issues raised from the assessments with Management /various HODs
- Daily review of market risk to ensure adherence to set limits and Bank’s appetite.
- Weekly Review of counterparty deals to ensure they are within approved limits
- University degree
- Six years’ experience with at least 3 years in risk management leadership
- At least 5 years in banking industry
- Certified Professional Accountant CPA (K), Relevant ERM certification, Credit management certification and/or other relevant professional qualifications
- Leadership skills, including the ability to manage risk, compliance and control activities in a complex financial operation
- Considerable knowledge and experience of best practice risk management and governance frameworks, methodologies, and emerging practice, in relation to the Kenyan financial services context
- Skilled communicator with the ability to influence and motivate others
- Ability to exercise oversight over governance, risk, compliance and control arrangements in a complex financial operation
- Problem-solving and decision-making skills, with the ability to analyse complex information to identify the key issue/action and drive resolution
- Knowledge and understanding of risk control arrangements
- Proven ability to oversee a number of risk types, ideally including credit, market, operational, investment, regulatory and strategic risk and specifically liquidity, refinancing, concentration and counterparty risk
- Knowledge of regulatory environment and key regulatory regimes
- Understanding of financial and strategic planning