Trade Finance Manager
The role holder will be responsible for designing, development, sales and business development of trade finance product propositions and platforms that deliver holistic solutions to Kingdom Bank customers and their ecosystems through Business Teams across the Branch network.
- Formulate, design, and review product and platform strategies that competitively address identified and emergent market opportunities.
- Engagement with customer-owners and market activators to achieve product/platform uptake and utilization targets.
- Periodic review of existing products and platforms to enhance their offering in the market to ensure product continuously yields expected benefits.
- Identifying and reporting potential and actual Money Laundering Risks, including suspicious transactions in accordance with the laid down AML policies & procedures.
Sales & Business Development:
- Full responsibility for optimal sales of all Trade Finance products across the branch network identifying and resolving any challenges.
- Develop business opportunities and monitor business activities in line with the Bank’s long-term strategic and annual business plans. Review trade product pricing periodically and do competitive and SWOT analysis to ensure that the Bank remains competitive and promptly reacts to changing market conditions and customer needs.
- Implement a focused relationship management system, which enhances the Bank’s ability to increase the flow of business and generate deposits, lending, and revenues from existing and new customers to ensure revenue momentum is sustained in line with the enterprise strategy.
- Adhere to the appropriate controls and monitoring mechanisms for the development of a high-quality asset book by fully complying with the Bank’s Credit Policy, Central Bank of Kenya guidelines and appropriate provisions of the Banking Act with respect to lending.
- Enhance relationship marketing and management – to establish, maintain, and enhance relationships with customers and other partners, at a profit, so that both the customer and bank objectives are achieved by a mutual exchange and fulfillment of the brand promise.
- Actively initiate & support new product development, roll-out and implementation. Originate, structure and close trade deals against customer opportunities sourced either jointly or directly.
- Draw up weekly customer calling plan for trade customers to drive trade business. Negotiate key trade terms with clients/resolve issues between product and client and provide expert trade advisory services to customers and business teams.
- Monitor and drive customer-approved trade credit facility utilization. Ensure the portfolio managed remains of good quality .as per the bank’s credit policy.
- Champion risk approvals for trade deals and provide risk management of trade portfolio and structured solutions to mitigate risk.
- Provide Relationship Managers & Customers with continuous trade product knowledge through training, workshop, and forums to maximize trade opportunity identification/solutions.
- Proactively manage new and existing trade clients ensuring increased output to grow the bank’s share of wallet.
- Ensure that the processes, structures and systems required to effectively service existing clients and develop new clients are in place and continuously reviewed using SLA’s.
- Ensure a complete and accurate customer charges database is in place and is known to all users.
- Continually drive and ensure consistent and superior client-orientated culture and high-quality service delivery to trade customers.
- Practice strategic marketing by focusing on how to develop competitive advantage into the changing marketplace and leveraging on the banks distinctive capabilities to drive value.
- Enhance value creation by creating, communicating, delivering, and offering solutions that have value for customers, shareholders and partners.
- Build the Kingdom Bank Brand to ensure that the bank is top of mind as an bank
- Develop innovative solutions that will be delivered through branches and electronic channels that respond to market needs or identified gaps in the market.
Strategic customer experience
- Build a base of promoters by enhancing positive customer experience and advocacy to drive competitive advantage, leading to faster organic growth and lower cost.
- Create a differentiated customer experience design, tailored to target customer needs and optimize customer interactions with the brand, offerings, and touchpoints to consistently deliver and continuously improve the design.
- Periodically review existing products based on customer feedback and market trends to ensure continuous product utilization.
- University Degree – Upper second or equivalent
- 5 years’ work experience in Sales, Business development, Relationship Management or Product Development with a bias to Trade Finance in a financial services environment
- Experience in implementation of electronic platforms and solutions
- Excellent understanding of the Bank’s Strategy and ability to interpret this and map it to the market now and future dynamics.