Business growth and development
- Support and advise groups to meet KYC requirements regarding registration documentation and account opening.
- Ensure that the specific needs of the group/members / non-business organizations are captured and addressed appropriately by the Bank.
- Entrench account utilization, build a portfolio of cheap deposits and loan book from groups / non-business organizations.
- Prepare the clients promptly on the requirements of group loans and loan application processes and the microloans from the group individual members.
- Appraise credit applications to ensure that all risks are adequately mitigated
- Prepare and make Credit recommendations for approval or otherwise to the Branch Manager or Business Banking analyst.
- Ensure customers receive prompt feedback on the status of their group applications and ensure bank risks are well mitigated.
- Managing, retention and growth of existing relationships.
- Source for new clients to the Bank within the segment.
- Product uptake/penetration within segment.
- Growth in the balance sheet – assets, liabilities & contingent liabilities
- Channels utilization.
- Value chain management for the business enterprise to support all related businesses.
- Cross-selling of Bank products and services.
- Effectively perform account Relationship Management tasks to ensure the customer relations are maintained well to reduce complaints and retain existing customers by management of customer expectations.
- Develop strategies for maintaining and further penetrating existing client base and execute the strategy through calls, visits, needs assessment, customer qualification and follow-up meetings to maintain, enhance and expand customer relationships.
- Be the principal contact point for the new and assigned portfolio of Business Banking relationships and prospective customers by responding promptly to customer issues, questions and concerns.
- Adherence to the customer management policy.
Risk & Compliance
- Consistency in adherence to and application of established policies, processes, and tools to achieve optimal efficiency, compliance and cost containme Minimization of exposures to and impact of risks associated with client portfolio in line with Bank credit policies, CBK regulatory requirements, KYC and AML policies.
- Strict adherence to all regulations, statutes, standards, practices, and all internal processes and procedures as per the relevant manuals and comply with all relevant external legislation and regulations regarding Compliancerequireme
- Ensure that as a staff you actively contribute to the department/division by attaining a “Satisfactory” rating in both internal and external audit by performing your role to the required standards and adhering to all internal processes and procedures as per relevant manuals, policies and regulations of the ba
- Ensure that all risk management requirements within your remit are addressed and where necessary escalated through the available defined channels
- Make financing proposals through the appropriate credit approval process by
- structuring proposals, analyzing financial statements, negotiating terms and conditions for facilities, and managing administrative tasks including credit analysis and processing
Quality Loan book / Default Management
- Be on top-notch management of PAR to check on cases of 1+ to 89 PDP in liaison with the collection team for collection and cure solutions
- Work in co-operation with Credit Administration to identify and monitor problem loans & possible delinquent facilities for further action (Relegate all 90+ files of loans in arrears to Credit)
- Proactively pursue and engage doubtful customers so that all avenues are
- explored before marking the loan as poor performing or bad & doubtful
- A university degree in a business-related area.
- Excellent interpersonal, and negotiation skills with the ability to network, generate new business and develop strong business relations
- Experience in Customer Service/Relationship Manage
- A thorough knowledge of banking products and service
- Knowledge in Credit analysis and administration
- Strong leadership skills with demonstrated competencies in championing high-performance management
- A good understanding of risk, credit policies and procedure
- Excellent planning, Organization, problem-solving and analytical skill.